St. John Cottage
Policies and Logistics
- A 50% deposit of the rental amount and the 10% tax is required to secure a reservation
- The balance plus a $100 refundable security deposit is due 60 days prior to the date of your arrival.
- Personal checks are the best method of payment. (We do not accept credit cards)
- Last minute bookings may be made using a cashiers or certified check.
- No deposit will be refunded unless a replacement rental is obtained.
- If forced to cancel with no replacement rental a 10% administrative fee will be charged.
- Because of our strict cancellation policy we urge you to obtain Travelers Insurance.
SOME TRAVEL INSURANCE COMPANIES
- Global Care 1-800-799-1917.
- Travel Guard 1-800-826-1300.
- CSA Vacation Guarantee 1-800-348-9505
- Refunds are not granted due to weather or acts of God
- A security deposit minus any damages will be refunded within 45 days of departure.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
Innstead is a no-smoking residence.
Long Distance Phone Calls are not allowed from Innstead's phone. Some cell phones do work, but we suggest you check with your provider for both availability and cost. Roaming may connect with towers in Tortola, BVI and the cost could be an unpleasant surprise.
Summer clothes are appropriate year round. Bring a light sweater for winter evenings that may be a "cold" 75 degrees. Clothing requirements are very casual. The only place a sports coat is required is at the Caneel Bay Resort. Even the 4 star restaurants on the island are very informal. We do suggest that in your carry-on you include necessary medications, toiletries, one change of clothes and a bathing suit. Luggage occasionally gets lost.
There are two supermarkets, a number of smaller grocery stores and at least two delis where whole meals may be purchased - a great boon when you don't want to cook, but would like to have supper on the balcony. There is also a gourmet wine and cheese shop, and several bakeries... The prices are higher than in the States because everything gets here just the way you did.